Thursday, October 19, 2006

This Makes Me Love Wilco Even More.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

This is from a Billboard article about a Wilco show involving Jeff Tweedy involving a rowdy fan at a concert in Missouri, which you can read here:


Jeff Tweedy has spoken out about an incident during Wilco's Monday night (Oct. 16) concert in Springfield, Mo., where he punched a male fan who had jumped onto the stage and grabbed the singer from behind. In a post on Wilco's Web site, the band says it felt unsafe all night long and had already endured a stage-crasher earlier in the show.


And this is possibly the best quote ever:

"I feel terrible," Tweedy told the crowd following the incident. "I don't like to punch someone in the face. It sucks. We can make it better. I was having a really good time, but now I want to go sit down somewhere. But we can't do that. We're not gonna let those bastards win."


I think alot of people are with me in that when you go to a show, you really don't want to put up with drunk assholes who pretty much ruin it for a lot of other people who pay decent money to see a show. If it were a Sex Pistols or Yanni show, I could understand. But come on, Wilco? Do you really need to act like a six year old for your friends' approval? I hope that every person in a band or in the crowd has the wherewithal to punch anyone like this in the face every fucking time. And if you see me acting like this, punch me in the face, too.

No comments: